Information relevant for foreign student
RULES FOR RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN UNIVERSITY DIPLOMAS FOR
PURPOSES OF FURTHER EDUCATION
V Necessary documents
(1) Candidate submits the request for recognition of foreign
university diploma (Form No. 1) in two examples, a proof of payment
of the costs of recognition procedure and the following documents:
1. Certified photocopy of the foreign university diploma;
2. Translation of the foreign university diploma into Serbian
language, certified by a sworn court interpreter – without
translation of the acquired professional title;
3. Certified photocopy of the diploma supplement or the transcript
of the exams passed;
4. Translation of the document referred to in subparagraph 3 into
Serbian language, certified by a sworn court interpreter;
5. For persons who have changed their first and/or last name: a
certified photocopy of the decision of the competent administrative
body regarding the change of first and/or last name
(2) All required documents shall be submitted in two examples.
VI Recognition procedure
(1) Candidate initiates the recognition procedure by submitting a
request for recognition.
(2) Request for recognition of the foreign University diploma, along
with the documents referred to in Article 9(1) of the Rules, is
submitted to the University of Belgrade.
(1) After the receipt of duly submitted request, the University of
Belgrade forwards the request to the ENIC center of the competent
Ministry, in order to gather information on the following:
1. The status of the university which has issued the diploma
(whether the university is accredited/recognized as a part of the
education system in the State where the university has its seat);
2. The candidate’s curriculum at the university of origin (whether
the curriculum is accredited in the State where the university has
3. The education system in the State where the university has its
seat, if necessary;
4. The rights to which the bearer of the diploma is entitled, i.e.
whether the bearer of the diploma has the right to continue his/her
5. Other issues that may affect the decision on the recognition.
(1) If the foreign university is accredited/recognized, i.e. if the
candidate’s curriculum is accredited/recognized, the University of
Belgrade shall forward the request for recognition of the diploma,
along with the supplementary documents, to the head of the study
program in which the candidate intends to enroll, or to the person
authorized by the Dean of the Faculty, unless otherwise provided by
the Statue of the Faculty.
(2) The authorized person referred to in paragraph 1 shall make the
decision on the possibility of recognition of the foreign university
diploma within 15 days from the day of receipt of the documents.
(3) Along with the decision, the authorized person referred to in
paragraph 1 submits the report on possibilities of recognition of
the foreign diploma for purposes of further education.
(2) Candidate has the right of appeal against the decision. The
appeal may be filed to the Senate of the University of Belgrade
within 8 days from the day of receipt of the decision.
(2) The decision on recognition can be;
1. Positive (…)
2. Negative (…)
3. Conditional – candidate has the right to enroll in the program
upon fulfilling the preconditions specified in the decision on
All needed documents are to be sent by postage or brought
personally to the University address:
UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE (UNIVERZITET U BEOGRADU)
APPLICATION FOR ACADEMIC RECOGNITION OF A FOREIGN HIGHER EDUCATION
(Zahtev za priznavanje visokoskolske isprave radi
Studentski Trg 1.
11 000 Belgrade